DBI will be holding a webinar on Thursday, September 27th at 2:30 – 3:30 pm EDT to explain how its two new solicitations will affect consideration of proposals in the division. The presentation will focus on: 1) programmatic changes; 2) the no-deadline system and submission limits; and 3) DBI’s interface with the new Rules of Life track (a component of the core solicitations across all four divisions in BIO). DBI Program Officers will be present to answer any questions you may have concerning these changes.
You are required to register for the webinar on WebEx. Once you have registered, you can log into the webinar 15 minutes prior to its start time.
The webinar will be limited to 1,000 attendees, but the full recording, including the “Q and A” session, will be posted approximately one week later on our website.
DBI recently released two new solicitations that focus on supporting research resources in DBI:
1) Infrastructure Capacity for Biology; and
2) Infrastructure Innovation for Biological Research.
They replace the following solicitations:
- Advances in Biological Informatics;
- Collections in Support of Biological Research;
- Improvements in Facilities, Communications, and Equipment at Biological Field Stations and Marine Laboratories; and
- Instrument Development for Biological Research.
As with other core program solicitations recently posted by the BIO Directorate, neither of these solicitations have a submission deadline. While waiting for our webinar, please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Directorate of Biological Sciences (BIO) Core Programs Solicitations (NSF 18-106).
As always, follow our blog to be the first to get detailed information about DBI.