Repost from our colleagues in the Division of Environmental Biology:
NSF’s Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide, or PAPPG (NSF 22-1), is a great resource for PIs and Sponsored Research Offices for questions about award management and proposal submissions (in conjunction with a solicitation, of course). The newest version of the PAPPG (NSF 22-1) is now live and will be effective for proposals submitted or due on or after October 4, 2021. Significant changes include:
• A new section covering requests for reasonable accessibility accommodations regarding the proposal process or requests for accessibility accommodations to access NSF’s electronic systems, websites and other digital content;
• A table titled “NSF Pre-award and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support”. This table identifies where pre- and post-award current and pending support disclosure information must be provided. Proposers and awardees should begin using this table immediately;
• Increasing the page limit for the biographical sketch from two to three pages;
• Updates to the current and pending support section of NSF proposals to require that information is provided on objectives and how they overlap with other projects. The goal is to allow for NSF and reviewers to assess overlap/duplication;
• Adding planning proposals and Career-Life Balance supplemental funding requests as new types of submissions;
• Travel proposals will require that Authorized Organizational Representatives (AORs) certify that prior to the proposer’s participation in the meeting for which NSF travel support is being requested, the proposer will assure that the meeting organizer has a written policy or code-of-conduct addressing harassment.
Additionally, the Directorate of Biological Sciences will be hosting an Office Hour on October 26th at 3:00 PM EDT. Representatives from NSF’s Policy Office will present on the changes and be available for questions.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
As a reminder, the PAPPG is comprised of documents relating to the Foundation’s proposal and award process for the assistance programs of NSF. The PAPPG, in conjunction with the applicable standard award conditions incorporated by reference in the award, serve as the Foundation’s implementation of 2 CFR §200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.