Please join the Building Research Capacity of New Faculty in Biology (BRC-BIO) program for a webinar on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST. There will be a short presentation, followed by an open Q&A session with cognizant Program Officers.
BRC-BIO is a new NSF program intended to enhance research capacity and broaden participation of new faculty of biology at minority-serving institutions (MSIs), predominantly undergraduate institutions (PUIs), and other universities and colleges that are not among the nation’s most research-intensive and resourced institutions.
Some key information from the solicitation:
- Primary investigators must be at the Assistant Professor rank (or tenure-track equivalent) with service for no more than 3 years by the submission date.
- Proposed projects should help enable the establishment of research programs that will be competitive for future research proposals to the NSF (e.g., CAREER) or other agencies. Projects should enrich undergraduate research experiences and thereby grow the STEM workforce.
- Projects can include biology-focused research collaborations among those in academia, or partnerships with industry or other non-academic partners that advance the PI’s research program.
- First submission window: January 03 – January 31, 2022
Please register in advance for the webinar below, and share this invitation with anyone you think may be interested:
Immediately following this webinar, NSF’s Directorate for Biological Sciences will be hosting a webinar for the Research and Mentoring for Postbaccalaureates in Biological Sciences (RaMP) program. Learn more about the webinar and join us if you can.
For more information on these programs (BRC-BIO and RaMP), check out the recap from the virtual office hours held by our colleagues in IOS:
- Part I of the recap covers BRC-BIO
- Part II of the recap covers RaMP