The Division of Biological Infrastructure (DBI) is looking for a Senior Associate for Biological Research Infrastructure to provide project management expertise for the Centers, Facilities, and Additional Research Infrastructure (C-FARI) Cluster.
The Senior Associate will support all C-FARI programs throughout their competition, management, and the oversight of all programs and awards. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing guidance and procedures related to the oversight of research infrastructure
- Providing assistance in project management best practices and interpretation of agency policies and procedures
- Providing advice about Uniform Guidance considerations to NSF staff and the research infrastructure recipient community
- Assessing risks and vulnerabilities in large infrastructure proposals and awards
- Utilizing a variety of quantitative and qualitative tools to assess risk exposure and impact
- Providing expert advice and independent assessments in topical areas specific to infrastructure awards (such as Project Execution Plans, work breakdown structures, cost estimates and projections, proposed budgets, schedule and contingency estimates, Earned Value Management (EVM), and risk management/analysis)
- Representing DBI, BIO and NSF with the major research infrastructure community, other NSF entities, appropriate Federal agencies, professional organizations, and the public
Qualified candidates should have either a Ph.D. or a Master’s degree in any life or physical science, as well as six to eight years of experience in science infrastructure. They should also have extensive project management experience with complex, large-scale projects, advanced training or a degree in Project Management (e.g., PMP, MA certification in PM, etc.), and experience leading and being part of team-based science management projects.
For more information and to apply, please visit USA Jobs before the vacancy closes on July 8, 2022.